[Cmpl] Problems with other solvers

Hendrik Titgemeyer hendrik2702 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 04:02:07 EDT 2021

Hi,

I have problems solving a VRPTW with Gurobi, CPLEX, SCIP and GLPK. My goal
is to compare these solvers for which reason the CMPL package is perfect. I
use the Coliop IDE to create the model and I have already solved the
problem with the CBC solver, so it should be feasible.

When I use Gurobi, the solver can't find the produced mps file and the
issue with Cplex is that the solver is called but can't read the produced
file. I have an academic license for Gurobi and CPLEX, so that might be a
problem, but the other solvers also don't run, even though the path is
listed in the file Cmpl/bin/cmpl.opt.

I've read in the Cmpl Archive that copying the .exe/.dll/.lib files from
Gurobi, CPLEX etc. in the Cmpl folder might help, but this is not working
as well. I've also read about using the Coliop.bat file, which is not
existing in the current 1.12.0 version. Cmpl is installed in *Programme
(x86)*, while the solvers are installed in *Programme.*

A second solution for my problem is to export mps files and solve them
manually within Gurobi etc., but the command results in an error, because
of the length of a constraint:  cmplShell.bat has the following output

"Cmpl: cmpl C:/Dokumente/(...)/Coliop/VRPTW_Vorlage.cmpl -m C:/Dokumente
Studium/Bachelorarbeit/Coliop/VRPTW_Vorlage.mps
fatal error: file C:/Dokumente/(...)/Coliop/VRPTW_Vorlage.cmpl line 81:
Line name 'line[100]' is too long"

I hope you can help me with these problems! I attached my file to the mail.

With kind regards,
Hendrik

In the following are the error messages:
*Gurobi:*

*write model instance ...*

*CMPL model generation - finished*

*Solver - running*

*"C:/Dokumente/Studium/Bachelorarbeit/Coliop" "0"
"C:/Users/Hendrik/AppData/Local/Temp/cmpl.H14308.mps"
"C:/Users/Hendrik/AppData/Local/Temp/cmpl.H14308.gsol"*

*Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.*

*Error (interfaces): gurobi failed - exit code *

*CPLEX:*

*write model instance ...*

*CMPL model generation - finished*

*Solver - runningShell*

*Welcome to IBM(R) ILOG(R) CPLEX(R) Interactive Optimizer Community Edition
12.10.0.0*

* with Simplex, Mixed Integer & Barrier Optimizers*

*5725-A06 5725-A29 5724-Y48 5724-Y49 5724-Y54 5724-Y55 5655-Y21*

*Copyright IBM Corp. 1988, 2019. All Rights Reserved.*

*Type 'help' for a list of available commands.*

*Type 'help' followed by a command name for more*

*information on commands.*

*CPLEX> Cannot interpret file type.*

*File type options:*

*mps MPS format problem file (...)*

*File type: No problem exists.*

*No file read.*

*SCIP/GLPK:*

*write model instance ...*

*CMPL model generation - finished*

*Solver - running*

*Error (interfaces): can not connect the solver: SCIP
->C:/Programme/SCIPOptSuite 7.0.1/bin/scip.exe*