[Cmpl] Can't find cmsg file std::bad_alloc

Thomas Stahl thomthom2007 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 19 12:05:43 EST 2017

Hello,

first of all, thanks for the powerfull free coin project. I'm using it to
create and solve a rather big scheduling problem within my master thesis
but there are some heavy problems with one ("rather simple") constraint.

The thrown problem is:

Model> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
Model> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Model> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
Model> what():  std::bad_alloc

Together with this message, usually an exception of type "FileNotFound" is
thrown, jCmpl can't find the message (and in other cases) the solution
file.
The causing constraint is:
for{p in PERSONAL, s in SCHICHTEN, ss in SCHICHTEN, t in TAGE, tt in TAGE :
        if{ (s = "IOPL") && (ss = "A73")  && (t > 6) && (tt = t-6) :
res37:         x[p,s,tt] <= x[p,ss,t] + vIOPL[p,t];
        }
    }

x is a binary decision variable,
vIOPL also is a binary decision variable
TAGE is an integer set 0..42
SCHICHTEN is a string set with different shift names (about 30)
PERSONAL is a string set as well (about 31)

The Model itself is created in an .cmpl file, the data is passed via the
jCmpl package.
Until this constraint everything worked fine - multiple times, but
everytime i put the previously mentioned constraint into the model,
 - the solver cant create the model and cant find the .cmsg file

If I exchange the vIOPL with a simple 1 hardcoded
- the solver can create the model but fails to find the .csol file after
"terminating in an unusual way"

I'd appreciate your help very much, let me know if you need any more
information like the whole model, the java code or anything else.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Thomas Stahl