[Cmpl] PyCMPL: Export CDAT?

Ogden, Bhrett A. ogdenba at cdmsmith.com
Fri Nov 17 13:13:52 EST 2017

I am exploring the possible use of building CMPL into a desktop application, which will have a database as part of the backend. In my application, I would like to leave the problem specification without data. That is to say that I would have a CMPL file and read data in from the databases in Python. I would then use pyCMPL to add my data and solve the problem. One thing that would be very helpful for archiving model runs would be a way to export a CDAT file that represents the data added in my pyCMPL code. I have looked through the documentation, and I do not see this feature offered (although I see ways that I could process the data and form the file myself). Is there a built-in way to export a CDAT file that I'm missing? If not, might this be something that would be included in future versions?

Thank you for your hard work on CMPL.

Best,
Bhrett