[Cmpl] Empty sets in CMPL data files

Christopher Gross christopher.gross at unikat.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Aug 7 06:53:05 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am using CMPL with CMPL data files. In these data files I declare some
sets.

Depending on the input to my model some of these sets might be empty.
Unfortunately, declaring an empty set with

%mysetname set <>

throws an error:

fatal error: file myinput.cdat line 14: Wrong set or parameter: no data
element defined

I have experimented with the syntax a bit but so far have been unable to
come up with something that works to produce an empty set. The CMPL
manual also wasn't helpful here as empty sets in data files are not
mentioned at all.

Is there any way to define an empty set in a CMPL data file?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Christopher
--
Christopher Gross, M.Sc.

Lehrstuhl für Health Care Operations/Health Information Management

Universitäres Zentrum für Gesundheitswissenschaften am Klinikum Augsburg
(UNIKA-T), Neusässer Straße 47, 86156 Augsburg;

Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Universität Augsburg,
Universitätsstraße 16, 86159 Augsburg

Tel.: +49 821 598-6454

E-Mail:  christopher.gross at unikat.uni-augsburg.de
Web:  http://www.wiwi.uni-augsburg.de/bwl/brunner/