[Cmpl] Fwd: Error connecting to CPLEX

Mike Steglich mike.steglich at berlin.de
Sun Nov 23 05:13:23 EST 2014

Hi Indrajit,

Please install Cmpl in c:\program files\Cmpl (for win32) or in c:\program files (x86)\Cmpl (under win64) and use the .bat files (coliop.bat, cmplShell.bat, cmpl.bat) in the root of the Cmpl installation folder. I would like to suggest to use either Coliop for having a simple UI or CmplShell.bat to use Cmpl on the command line. All of these simple scripts set the environment for Cmpl. The intention was to prevent that a Cmpl user has to set a couple of environment variables on his/her own and not to change the original windows setting.

If you use the Cmpl binary or the Coliop jar file directly then it fails as we have seen for your problems to invoke Cplex an Scip.

Please take a look at the installation hints at coliop.org/download.html or in the manual.

Thanks,

Mike