[Cmpl] Fwd: Error connecting to CPLEX

Indrajit Sen Gupta indrajitsg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 13:07:45 EST 2014

Hi Mike,

SCIP works out of the box. I am using command line for all purposes. But
here is the funny thing. I exported the problem from CMPL to MPS format and
ran it through SCIP and got a sub optimal solution!!! I am not familiar
with SCIP - just read the mps file and entered optimize. Its actually a
small text book problem and the results shouldn't be different.

Regards,
Indrajit

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Mike Steglich <mike.steglich at th-wildau.de>
wrote:

> Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:
>
> *Von: *Mike Steglich <mike.steglich at th-wildau.de>
> *Betreff: **Aw: [Cmpl] Error connecting to CPLEX*
> *Datum: *22. November 2014 18:42:16 MEZ
> *An: *Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Indrajit,
>
> Framework is still in the (temporary) search path if you use Coliop.bat or
> cmplShell.bat. Does scip work out of the box w/o Cmpl?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike
>

> Am 22.11.2014 um 18:36 schrieb Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com>:
>
> Still no luck. :( Copied all the dlls and lib files to the Frameworks
> folder. I made sure that Frameworks is in search path. Am giving up for
> tonight.
>
> Regards,
> Indrajit
>

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Mike Steglich <
> mike.steglich at th-wildau.de> wrote:
>
>> The entry *ScipFileName =
>> ../Thirdparty/scip/scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.exe* is fine.
>>
>> As mentioned before, please move the required libs
>> (scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.dll and
>> scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.lib)  into Cmpl/Frameworks …
>>
>> Am 22.11.2014 um 18:08 schrieb Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com>:
>>
>> These are the three files that I have in /Thirdparty/SCIP/
>>
>> scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.dll
>> scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.exe
>> scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.lib
>>
>> And this is the line in /bin/cmpl.opt
>>
>> ScipFileName = ../Thirdparty/SCIP/scip-3.1.0.win.x86.msvc.opt.spx.ld.exe
>>
>> Regards,
>> Indrajit
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Mike Steglich <
>> mike.steglich at th-wildau.de> wrote:
>>
>>> The following entries are working on my Windows test system:
>>>
>>> CbcPath = ../Thirdparty/CBC/
>>> GlpkPath =  ../Thirdparty/GLPK/
>>> ScipFileName = ../Thirdparty/scip/scip.exe