[Cmpl] New user willing to participate in Cmpl develpment

Issam Tahiri issam.tahiri at inria.fr
Wed Feb 19 04:54:36 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am a new user of Cmpl and I have to say that this project is really great. Congratulations.

I am looking forward to participating in a further development of this language and system in order to deal with some features of the solver "Bapcod" that my team has been developping ( https://realopt.bordeaux.inria.fr/?page_id=2 )

BaPCod is a prototype code that solves Mixed Integer Programs (MIP) by application of a Dantzig-Wolfe reformulation technique. The reformulated problem is solved using a branch-and-price (column generation) algorithm.

First off, I would like to interface Cmpl with Bapcod; and I guess this should be easy through simple communication with Osil and Osrl files. Then, (and here is the more difficult task) I would like to add in Cmpl the possibility for the user to specify which of the constraints and variables define the subsystems on which the decomposition is based.

Do you think it is feasible? I am full-time developer of Bapcod so time wouldn't be a matter. However I would appreciate if you can provide some indications (for instance which part of the Cmpl sources need to be modified for this purpose).

Thanks in Advance

Best regards,

Issam Tahiri.