[Cmpl] Same bug in mac version

Mike Steglich mike.steglich at th-wildau.de
Wed Dec 10 07:07:32 EST 2014

Hi Oscar,

I tested your problem on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9.4 and Cmpl 1.10.0 and CBC as solver . It runs w/o any problems. There is not a bug.

You are running a problem with ~ 100k variables (444 integers) and ~50k constraints. It seems that your model is NP hard.  After creating the model instance the solver is also running w/o problems but the effort for the solver growth superproportional.  This is a normal behaviour for such models.

You could work with alternative model formulations or you could use some of the solver options to interrupt the solving process earlier (e.g. a mip gap). An other alternative is to use Gurobi, Cplex or Scip.

I was able to solve it with Cplex after a couple of seconds.

Cheers,

Mike