[Cmpl] Predicting end time

Indrajit Sen Gupta indrajitsg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 21:26:14 EST 2014

Hi Mike,

I completely understand. What I meant was, if you had noticed the issue
with Windows version of CMPL also, where it crashes every time we try to
run it. I don't have Mac, hence I am not sure what is the situation.

Regards,
Indrajit

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM, Mike Steglich <mike.steglich at th-wildau.de>
wrote:

> As I have written  before ...We need a couple of days , because we do that
> in our spare time . You will receive a message via the mailing list.
>

> Am 04.12.2014 um 18:18 schrieb Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Any updates on this?
>
> Regards,
> Indrajit
>

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> In Windows also, I am seeing CMPL crash. I am using Windows 7 64bit
>> edition. When it crashes, a dialogue box appears saying cmpl.exe has
>> stopped working. In view problem details, I see this:
>>
>> Problem signature:
>>   Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>>   Application Name: cmpl.exe
>>   Application Version: 0.0.0.0
>>   Application Timestamp: 53aaecc8
>>   Fault Module Name: cmpl.exe
>>   Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
>>   Fault Module Timestamp: 53aaecc8
>>   Exception Code: c0000005
>>   Exception Offset: 0001a9d0
>>   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
>>   Locale ID: 1033
>>   Additional Information 1: 0a9e
>>   Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
>>   Additional Information 3: 0a9e
>>   Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
>>
>> Let me know if you need any more information.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Indrajit
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Mike Steglich <mike.steglich at th-wildau.de
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Indrajit,
>>>
>>> Thank you for reporting this bug. We will debug it it in the next couple
>>> of days.
>>>
>>> In the meantime please use Cmpl for Mac or Windows. Your problem is
>>> running on both systems and it requires apr. 1 GB RAM.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> Am 03.12.2014 um 13:47 schrieb Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com
>>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the input. I realized that non linearity is what is causing
>>> all that problem. We are trying to get access to CPLEX from our client
>>> side, but there are some IT related issues which is causing the delay. I
>>> installed the 64 bit CMPL on a Linux server and tried to run it on the full
>>> problem (56 x 56 decision variables) and here is the output that I get:
>>>
>>> CMPL model generation - running
>>> CMPL version: 1.10.0
>>> Authors: Thomas Schleiff, Mike Steglich
>>> Distributed under the GPLv3
>>> create model instance ...
>>> cmpl: malloc.c:2842: mremap_chunk: Assertion `((size + offset) &
>>> (_rtld_global_ro._dl_pagesize - 1)) == 0' failed.
>>> /usr/bin/cmpl: line 115: 19491 Aborted                 (core dumped)
>>> $dirname/bin/$appname "$cmplFile" "${cArg[1]}" "${cArg[2]}" "${cArg[3]}"
>>> "${cArg[4]}" "${cArg[5]}" "${cArg[6]}" "${cArg[7]}" "${cArg[8]}"
>>> "${cArg[9]}" "${cArg[10]}" "${cArg[11]}" "${cArg[12]}" "${cArg[13]}"
>>> "${cArg[14]}" "${cArg[15]}" "${cArg[16]}" "${cArg[17]}" "${cArg[18]}"