[Cmpl] Problem with remote submit

Mike Steglich mike.steglich at berlin.de
Sat Nov 2 09:19:48 EDT 2013

Hello Indrajit,

CMPL supports two kind of servers: the COIN-OR OSServer (https://projects.coin-or.org/OS/) and our own CMPLServer.

The command line argument -solverUrl describes the URL of a OSServer. You can find in the osUserManual (https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/OS/trunk/OS/doc/osUsersManual.pdf) starting at page 112 a description how to install an OSServer.

If you want to use the CMPLServer (a bit easier to install and to start as the OSServer) you have to use pyCmpl, because in CMPL 1.8 only pyCmpl contains a client for the CMPLServer.
To solve your problem on CMPLServer you have to create a pyCmpl script (assuming a file name prob01.py) :

#!/usr/bin/python
from pyCmpl import *

model = Cmpl("prob01.cmpl")
model.connect("http://192.168.0.103:8008")
model.solve()
model.solutionReport()

and then (after starting the CMPLserver on 192.168.0.103) you can run it by pyCmpl prob01.py (via cmplShell.bat).

Alternatively you can start the interactive pyCmpl shell by starting  pyCmpl.bat (via cmplShell.bat). In this interactive shell you can use the pyCmpl statements as before (excluding the first two lines) to solve your problem remotely and to catch the solution.

The next CMPL version 1.9 that we will release in November contains a direct CMPLServer support for the CMPL command line tool with a new command line argument -cmplUrl. I'm testing the package and writing the manual at the moment.

If you need the direct CMPLServer support soon I can send you a beta version.

Thanks,

Mike