[Cmpl] A couple of questions

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Thu Feb 2 03:58:34 EST 2012

Hello,

We are considering using CMPL (it looks very promising), but have a couple of
questions first:

1. Looking at the examples in the manual, I do not see any multi-dimensional
sets. For example, in the Transportation problem, if we did not have all-to-all
links, I would find it natural to define set 'links' being a subset of 'plants X
centers' and index 'c' on that set. The objective would then be
  costs: sum{(i, j) in links : c[i,j] * x[i,j] } ­->min;
Is this possible in CMPL?
And if not, can I at least define c only on a subset of 'plants X centers'
(without giving the subset a name)?

2. As far as I can see, all entities are declared and initiated at once - does
it mean that it is not possible to declare an entity (for ex. to say that S is a
set), and give it values some time later?

3. I guess you do not like this question, since you did not respond to it
previously, but I try nevertheless: why GPL? Would you at least consider dual
licensing with CPL or EPL, to make it compatible with the other Coin-OR projects?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Michal Kaut