[Cmpl] CMPL reading data other than from csv

Mike Steglich mike.steglich at th-wildau.de
Fri Apr 13 07:06:17 EDT 2012

Hi Shawn,

Thank your for your interest in CMPL.

You can also use the include statement to read data. This feature is intended to read external CMPL code (especially data expressions) in a CMPL model.  I use that to execute a CMPL model with different data sets.
But your data expressions have to be formulated in CMPL syntax. Therefore we are working on a new data file format with a simplified syntax. The idea is to have an easier way to generate a data file automatically or to copy and paste data from another application into a CMPL data file.

Please take look at my presentation that I gave at the Informs 2011 conference:
http://www.coliop.org/download/cmplInforms2011.pdf
Beginning at slide 12 you can find some information about this new data file format.

We plan to release this new feature until June.

Cheers,

Mike