[Clp] Question about ClpPrimalColumnPivot.saveWeights

John Forrest jjhforrest at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 03:46:51 EDT 2020

Documentation?

Setting model_ may be necessary on more than one mode call - so just
laziness and with computers/compilers may not cost anything.

saveWeights is only useful with steepest edge (which is default).  For
badly behaved problems the code may factorize the problem and find the
basis is singular.  In that case it throws away the iterations since the
previous factorization and reduces the number of iterations between
factorizations.  So when it throws away pivots, it needs to go back to
the weights which were correct at previous factorization.

John Forrest