[Clp] Objective is nan (sometimes assertion failure)

Aleksandr M. Kazachkov akazachk at cmu.edu
Sat May 6 18:52:01 EDT 2017

The objective is all-zeroes, because I was just checking feasibility at the
point the error occurred. When presolve is on, it solves to optimality
(objective value 0) and says that it is feasible. When presolve is off, I
get nan or an assertion failure.

Now, if I add the first >= constraint as the objective (it is a
minimization problem), we should be either primal infeasible or optimal.
When presolve is on, I get optimal; when presolve is off, I get "Clp0001I
Primal infeasible - objective value -nan".

The lp file with the new objective is attached.