[Clp] Error of solving large size LP model by CLP

usa usa usact2012 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 22:02:55 EDT 2016

I am trying to call CLP.exe (Coin LP version 1.16, build Dec 25 2015) from
Python 3.4 to solve a large size LP model on Win 7.

The model is mps file whose size is 2 GB and it has about 10000 decision
variables and 10000 constraints and about 30% elements of  constraint
matrix are not 0s. When I call CLP.exe from python to solve model, I got
error:

       *Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library.*

*       Debug error !*

*       R6010 abort() has been called*

*       (press retry to debug the application)*

If I used CLP.exe to solve small seize LP models with the same structures,
it worked well.

I also tried to call CLP.exe from command line to solve the same large size
model and got the same error.

Why I got this kind of error ? What does it mean ?

Is this because the model size is too large ?

Thanks

David

[image: Inline image 1]