[Clp] Performance test much worse than GLPK, any way to optimize it?

Emerson emersonxsu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 23:47:24 EDT 2015

Hi Michael,
Thanks for replying. Good news is : problem solved!
I firstly used coinbuild but nothing changed. Then I changed the solver
type from initialSolve( ) to Babak's suggestion:

ClpSimplex *Model ....

ClpSolve *solvectl;

solvectl= new ClpSolve;

solvectl->setSolveType(ClpSolve::useDual);

solvectl->setPresolveType(ClpSolve::presolveOn);

Model->initialSolve(*solvectl);

delete solvectl;

Although the pointer case doesn't work(don't know why), I changed it to
ClpSimplex Model, and everything works!
Now the performance increases so much, from 58 seconds down to 2 seconds on
my network model, while GLPK takes 21 seconds. I hope everything goes well
after this...

Thanks all,
Emer