[Clp] CLP source repo / contributions

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Feb 22 19:26:07 EST 2015

Hi Andy,

I haven't quite gotten to announcing this officially, but many of the COIN
projects are mirrored on github now in the COIN-OR organization:

http://github.com/coin-or

At the moment, we are still using subversion as the primary and only
mirroring to git. That may change at some point, but realistically, it will
take some time. In the meantime, though, we will be very happy to accept
pull requests. Since github makes it easy to download these as patches, we
can still apply them to the subversion repo and you will see them reflected
in the mirror.

Be aware that there are still a few issues to overcome in order to work
with COIN projects checked out from git. In particular, git breaks our
build process, as described here:

https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc/issues/1

We will be addressing this over time. Let me know what you think about this
option.

Cheers,

Ted

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Andy Somogyi <andy.somogyi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I’ve started using CLP in our computational biology package, and I’ve
> found a number of memory leaks, and other issues, and I started fixing them.
>

> How I work is as I use a library, I go through it a update the
> documentation as I find things.
>
> I also added a writeLp function to the CoinLPIo class that can write to a
> std::stream (so it can write to an in-memory buffer as well as a file
> stream).
>

> Anyway, my question is do you guys ever plan on switching to GIT? That
> would be super convenient for accepting code contributions as people could
> just make a fork, make their changes, and send you a pull request. If you
> like the changes, just accept, if not, ignore it. That way, you never have
> to give other people write access to your repo, and you have complete
> control over your repo, and it makes it very easy for others to contribute.

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu