[Clp] Incorrect solution for LP problem

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Oct 22 13:28:04 EDT 2014

Hi,

I updated CBC yesterday (for dealing with handling of messages via
message handlers -- thanks John!), but this CBC is failing one of our
existing tests. It looks like the problem is in CLP, as CLP seems to be
returning an incorrect objective value for the following LP problem:

\Problem name: eclipse3

Minimize
   C1

Subject To
R1: C1 + C2 >= 7
R2: - C2 + C1 = 0

Bounds
C1 free
C2 free

End

The objective should be 3.5, but 0.0 is returned.

I have been able to reproduce this problem using the clp executable --
by import(ing) the LP file and then solve.

This is from CBC 2.8 that I downloaded yesterday. The problem was not in
the earlier CBC 2.8 that I was using, which was probably downloaded
about a year ago.

Is this a problem in CLP, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help/information!

Cheers,

Kish