[Clp] Issue with Clp executable for maximization and for binary variables

Sourav Garg sourav.sahaji at gmail.com
Tue May 20 05:42:52 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am using Clp1.15.6 on an Ubuntu 12.04 machine.
I have compiled and installed the executable as mentioned in the readme
install notes, which went successful.

1. I have been trying some linear programs using the Clp executable with a
mps file. It gives me right solution for a minimization problem (which is
the default direction of optimisation), but it doesn't give me correct
solutions for maximisation problems.

For maximisation, I use it as follows:
./clp ./my.mps -maximize -solution solFile

What I get in the file is:
status unknown
objective value 0
columns val 0 as well..

2. Apart from this, I have a Binary Integer Program problem, for
minimisation, in which I pass all the bounds as BV in the mps file.
But in the solution I get floating point values for the non zero columns
instead of getting the value of 1. I wanted to know if Binary Integer
Programming is supported with the library?

Thanks,
Sourav