[Clp] Compiling Clp and CoinUtils in MS Visual Studio 10

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Mar 9 15:07:32 EDT 2014

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014, William H. Patton wrote:

> Did you find this on the wiki? https://projects.coin-or.org/MSVisualStudio

> On 3/9/2014 3:27 AM, Wolfgang Hartmann wrote:

>> 1>  CoinAbcSmallFactorization4.cpp
>> 1>c:\cmat\xclp\abcsimplex.hpp(1242): error C2079:
>> 'AbcSimplex::abcProgress_' uses undefined class 'AbcSimplexProgress'
>> 1>c:\cmat\xclp\abcsimplex.hpp(743): error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert
>> from 'int *' to 'AbcSimplexProgress *'
>> 1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
>> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

These do not strike me as Microsoft vs the world things.
Assuming the code was not to horrible to start with,
some typedefs and class definitions are not getting done.
E.g. it seems that AbdSimpleProgress should be typedefed to int.
Perhaps some header is not being found,
but the compiler proceeds anyway.
That really should be an error and a show-stopper,
but I know that for gcc, sometimes it isn't.
Maybe it isn't always for Microsoft either.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods