[Clp] Fwd: Fwd: C Code of Concorde

Wolfgang Hartmann cmat.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:17:36 EST 2014

Sir,
I'm just repeating here some mail which I sent to Julian Hall,
since I was not able to find this CIp site.
Prof. William Cook from the Univeristy of Waterloo (see mail below)
told me to contact you. We maybe quite similar in age (I'm becoming 70
at the end of April).

My name is Wolfgang M. Hartmann. From 1986 until 2007 I have been working
as a Senior Research Statistician and Principal Developer at SAS Institute
Inc.
in Cary NC. Among many other pieces of software, especially linear algebra
and nonlinear methods in statistics, I did write PROC NLP for the OR
product of SAS.
(I have always been in good terms with Prof. Mike Powell, Prof. Kaj Madsen,
and
Stephen Wright.) For more on CMAT you may have a look at:
www.wcmat.com/cmat
and also at my entry at LinkedIn.

In 2007 I retired from SAS and returned to Germany where my wife was living
since 1999.
For now almost 20 years I'm working on a interactive matrix language which
I call CMAT.
Only a few months ago I started to look into discrete optimization and the
TSP (traveling
salesman problem). The probably best software in this field is Concorde. As
you can see
below, by mail from Prof. William Cook, I've got the source code of
Concorde which has
an interface to the most straight forward LP code QSopt, which is, however,
not
available yet. But Prof. Cook writes that Prof. John Forrest made an
interface between
CIp and Concorde.

I wonder if I could use your code for that?
CMAT is given away with the Gnu license, that means, I'm only requiring
"nonprofit use".
Only for the code of Concorde I had to restrict applications of the PSP
function
to "Academic Research only" which is of course much stronger. Due to some
contributors of other functions of my software CMAT, I cannot make the code
of all CMAT public.

Hoping for an answer,
Wolfgang Hartmann, Heidelberg
Tel.: + 49 6221 616991