[Clp] Clarification on CLP's branch and bound method?

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 7 15:06:27 EST 2014

Hi all,

First time listserv user, thanks for being patient with me.

I was initially unaware that CLP supported solving MILPs via a
branch-and-bound algorithm, and am curious what documentation/publications
exist about it. The doxygen documentation provides the rather unhelpful
explanation: "Invoke solver's built-in enumeration algorithm."

I am not surprised to find that CLP and CBC return different optimal
solutions for a given problem instance, and assume that CLP finds a local
optimum rather than global optimum. But I'd like to confirm or refute that
assumption.

Thank you!

--
Matthew Gidden