[Clp] Help: incorrect solution from CBC

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Wed Aug 27 03:15:40 EDT 2014

Greg,

The problems seem to stem from the range of numbers in model e.g. a pair
of constraints -

  -1E+15 C190 +1 C225 <= +0

and

  -4000000 C190 +1 C225 >= +0

where C190 is binary

I can see this causing problems (for both codes) - if C190 is 1.0e-9 is
this integer feasible?

Solving two ways I get

ma.sol:Optimal - objective value 1664550445.89107466
mb.sol:Optimal - objective value 1676264519.23880672

while changing e15 to e7 (or e6 - which will fix C190 to an exact zero)
I get

mc.sol:Optimal - objective value 1647162379.14471364

If you want you can send me the glpsol solution and I can see if I can
duplicate that solution.

John Forrest