[Clp] Incorrect solutions from Clp

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Aug 18 13:43:00 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM, John Forrest <john.forrest at fastercoin.com>
wrote:

>  Ted,
>
> 2. - as described - is not a bug - you have to say solve or dual or
> similar before -solution $.  Clp is just giving you the solution before
> solving it.

Ah yes, you are right! However, in my stupidity, I might have stumbled onto
a clue. The solution that Clp is giving me before solving on the command
line is precisely the one I am seeing from within SYMPHONY. Inside
SYMPHONY, I am definitely making the solve call first. It doesn't seem like
that can be a coincidence. What is this solution it produces before solving?

> 1. probably is a bug
>
> What version of SYMPHONY should I check out to debug this - and how do I
> reproduce bugs?

It's SYMPHONY trunk. I'll check in my code and send you the details of how
to reproduce in a separate e-mail. Thanks!

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs