[Clp] Regression with the current trunk.

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Thu Aug 14 06:58:39 EDT 2014

Not quite sure what bug you are reporting.

I have not repeated your experiments but when I run that problem using
clp I get x13 with value of 0 and objective of -400.  Using cbc without
preprocessing I get x13 with value of 0 and objective of -400.  If I use
preprocessing x13 is 1 but the objective is still -400.  Your output
shows that x13 has a reduced cost of 0 so either 0 or 1 is valid.  I
presume the changes to presolve flipped a coin a different way.

If you are just using clp then an error in presolve is self correcting
as after solving and postsolving it checks optimality. It looks to me as
if changes in code are leading to alternate optima - but that may happen
with any changes - maybe not so often with such a tiny problem.

It is quite possible a bug was introduced by the changes, but that would
probably show up with cbc - not clp.

Regards

John Forrest