[Clp] Clp trunk - windows problem

Yann COLLETTE ycollette.nospam at free.fr
Sat Aug 9 07:27:55 EDT 2014

Hello,

Thanks.
I have noticed a big performance difference between linux and windows.
On the same problem, it takes 10 minutes under linux and 40 under
Windows (on the same kind of machine).
With the same parameters (I use Clp has a library, not the executable),
there are numerical differences (under windows, the pivot threshold is
fined tuned by clp which is not the case under linux. I noticed this
because on Cbc-2.8.9, there was an abort() in the pivot threshold fine
tuning code which is not present anymore in the cbc / clp trunk).

What can explain this numerical behavior difference between windows and
linux ?

I disabled the scaling under windows under clp and this disabling
reduces the performance gap: 20 minutes instead of 40.

Best regards,

YC