[Clp] ClpSimplexNonlinear question

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Wed Mar 20 06:48:04 EDT 2013

Alex,

Very bold of you.

Actually SLP is fairly rugged (if not very fast).  At present it only
works with a quadratic objective.  Try it on a quadratic problem in mps
format to see what happens.  Safer to try without presolve at first.

clp quad.mps -presolve off -slp 100 -primals

As it is quadratic it will go into quadratic simplex at end (and do
nothing), but you will get the idea.

To extend to other nonlinear you would need to make a new ClpObjective
class which would have same functionality as ClpQuadraticObjective.

If anybody has ideas how to do this elegantly, I will be happy to help.

John Forrest