[Clp] (no subject)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Dec 1 20:26:35 EST 2013

Without actually looking at code more than briefly (hope I'll have time
soon, but I don't for the next couple of weeks), I think SOS should be
supported.  OSI in its current incarnation is for (mixed-integer) linear
programs, so QUADOBJ and CSECTION appear to be irrelevant.  One can
specify a basis, but it doesn't look like one can do so in an MPS file.

Of course, I could be wrong.

On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 19:51 +0000, Horand Gassmann wrote:
> Coin (CoinMpsIO.cpp) allows several extensions to the MPS format, namely
>
>     QUADOBJ
>     SOS
>     CSECTION
>     BASIS
>
> The Clp and Cbc projects have use cases for these, but I have been having trouble accessing them through the OsiClpSolverInterface.
>
> For instance, it seems that OsiClpSolverInterface does not have a method loadQuadraticObjective(), but neither, it seems, does ClpSimplex. (Or ClpInterior, for that matter.)
>
> Worse, when I try to
>
> make DRIVER=testQP.cpp
>
> I get the error message
>
> ../../../Clp/examples/testQP.cpp:31:15: error: ‘status’ was not declared in this scope
>
> I think that entire if(status) statement should be moved inside the  construct #if defined(SAMPLEDIR), but even that does not help me much.
>
> My main question is this: Which of the MPS extensions listed above should I be able to access through OsiClpSolverInterface, and how?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> gus gassmann

> Horand I. Gassmann, Professor
>
> Kenneth C. Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University
> 6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
> ph. (902) 494-1844
> fax (902) 494-1107