[Clp] Using Clp with Java

Jack Hagart jack.hagart at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 10:29:31 EDT 2013

Hello friends of CLP mail-list,

I´m developing an optmization software using CLP. I have a mathematical
model to describe the real world  problem and a GUI in java.

The users input their data in the visual interface and the GUI will write
the problem in .lp file format, call the CLP.exe by command line, get the
output solution and plot in the visual inteface to the user.

It works very well, to a professional aplication! Thanks to the developers
of CLP.

My question is. I would like that my commercial software wouldn´t very easy
to make a copy by someone, and then, they do their implementation and sell
another software that do exactly what mine do.

I would like to input the mathematical model in CLP without use a .lp file
(which could be intercepted and the mathematical model reproduced).

Please, someone know how can I do this?

One idea was integrate the java GUI with a java solver, but I didn´t find a
Java version of CLP or other linear solvers.

Another idea was to develop the input in C (what I did) but I wasn´t able
to understande how to integrate my input information of the user with the
CLP whitout using a .lp file.

If someaone have a idea, please, tell me.

Best Regards,
Jack Hagart