[Clp] Question about BLAS interface

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu May 31 08:25:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

if you link against a Clp library that uses blas, then you do not need
to add another blas library.
Just declare the DGEMM method in your code (use extern "C" in C++ code),
and then you can call it.

Or maybe I did not understand what you want to do.
Clp has no special interface to blas, it just calls its routines.

Stefan

> Dear Clp guys,
>
> I'm relatively new to Clp. I'm currently using this library and is amazed how wonderful it is.
>
> I have a quick question about blas.
>
> Do you have blas interface implemented in the Clp lib? If I want to call GEMM, do I have to provide my own blas interface or I just need to used Clp's? I found lapack subroutines are called for a few times in the source, that's why I'm wondering about blas.
>
> I'm trying to avoid library redundancies.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Zhangyi

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan