[Clp] Sparse matrices

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:28:57 EST 2012

Dear Daniel,

Clp uses essentially the Suhl-Suhl approach for forming the sparse LU
decomposition and the Forrest-Tomlin approach for updating the factors
after each simplex iteration. This code is all in the
CoinFactorization class in CoinUtils. If you take a look at that code,
you may lose your desire to try to parallelize it ;). Forming a sparse
LU factorization on a GPU will likely be very difficult, but if you do
manage to do that, for updates I would suggest using as a starting
point the so-called product-form update that you can find in any
textbook; with these, you can treat the LU factorization as a black
box.

Are you aware of the work of Iain Dunning (https://github.com/IainNZ/LPG)?

Regards,
Miles