[Clp] Help - Input file .lp doesnot run

Jack Hagart jack.hagart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 22:27:53 EDT 2012

Hello guys,

I need some help. I´m testing a problem in Clp, I wrote it in .lp to input
but the Clp doesn´t recognize the name of the constraints.

I thought my .lp was wrong, but it works perfectly on GLPK, and it finds
the optimal solution (obj 5169.13). I tried all the combinations I could
imagine and all didn´t work. Clp tell the name contains illegal character
":", which the documentation tell, it works to identify the end of the name
of each constraint.

I have no idea how to solve this. The file is attached on email. The Clp
version was 1.14.4.

The most strange thing is I used GLPK to convert the .lp file to .mps and
solved it on Clp. It works! So, I thought it could be some problem with the
.lp files.

All the constraints name are according to the function is_invalid_name( ).
It must return 0 to all of them.

It should be something stupid but I have no idea what it could be. I think
that´s something wrong in the line 5.

Does somebody know what how can I solve this problem?

Best regards,
Jack Hagart