[Clp] After all steps...

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 8 08:51:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

> I am a noob in this type of software for optimization. I did all stated
> steps of ./configure, make and make install and all of them went
> successfully.
> But now simply I don't know what should I do now ?!!!
> For example if I want to solve the "p0033.mps" file is it correct to just
> compile the file "minimum.cpp" by this way (then run the executable):
> g++ minimmum.cpp -o minimum

make install should have installed you a binary named clp, which you can
give the mps file as argument. That should try to solve it then.

> I did this but I got the error:
> minimum.cpp:6:26: fatal error: ClpSimplex.hpp: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

To compile the examples, use the Makefile in the examples directory and
specify the example via the DRIVER variable, e.g.,
   make DRIVER=minimum

Stefan

> Is this work reasonable at all?
> Please help me
>
> Regards
> Hadi

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan