[Clp] Stupid question: how to enlarge the precision of number in the log?

Thomas Schoenemann tosch at maths.lth.se
Mon Sep 13 07:14:17 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I got a hint from a  developer, which set me on the right path. The correct
place to modify is Clp/src/ClpMessage.cpp

Here you can modify the line

     {CLP_SIMPLEX_STATUS, 6, 1, "%d  Obj %.g%? Primal inf %g (%d)%? Dual inf
%g (%d)%? w.o. free dual inf (%d)"},

     {CLP_SIMPLEX_STATUS, 6, 1, "%d  Obj %.12g%? Primal inf %g (%d)%? Dual inf
%g (%d)%? w.o. free dual inf (%d)"},

(I am using Clp as released in CBC-2.5.0).

I am not sure if there is a solution that does NOT involve modifying the
source code. But I think it should not be hard to add this to the interface,

Best regards,
   Thomas