[Clp] Warmstart Query

Ashutosh Mahajan asm4 at lehigh.edu
Wed Jul 14 12:07:58 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:26:37AM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Agram Piyush Shanker wrote:
>
> >    I have large minimization problem (LP) with all equality constraints (Ax=b). I also happen to know a feasible solution (x_0) to the set of these equality constraints. How do I let the solver to use this feasible solution as a starting point.
>
> Isn't that the kind of thing done by crossover
> functions attached to interior point solvers?

Do you have any bounds on variables? If yes, ignore rest of the message.

If all variables are unbounded, then there are only two possibilities: either
your starting point is optimal or the problem is unbounded. The first
possibility can be checked by solving a system of linear equations in dual
variables: uA = c, ub = z, where z is the solution value at x_0. You will
probably be much faster using a solver for linear systems (e.g. ma27).

--
regards
Ashutosh Mahajan