[Clp] Correct setup for individual pivots though OSI interface

Rune Møller Jensen rmj at itu.dk
Wed Jan 20 10:52:14 EST 2010

Hi,

We first solve a Clp model to optimality

ClpSimplex model

 code loading problem

model.initalSolve()

We then want to make a couple of pivots to reduce a slightly changed
non-linear objective (which we compute on the side)

We first presolve

ClpPresolve presolveInfo;

ClpSimplex * presolvedModel = presolveInfo.presolvedModel(model);

Then setup an Osi interface to do individual pivots

 OsiClpSolverInterface presolveModelOsi(presolvedModel);

 presolveModelOsi.enableSimplexInterface(1);

And finally do individual pivots

while (running)

  presolveModelOsi.pivot(colIn,colOut,outStatus);

Unfortunately pivots only seems to be carried out correctly if we resolve
the presolved model (e.g.,  by executing presolveModel.primal() before
making the Osi interface). The problem seems to be that not all necessary
status variables of the tableau are instantiated in presolveModel to do
individual pivots, but is there a less time consuming way to get the tableau
ready for individual pivots?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Rune M. Jensen