[Clp] Documentation about how to use CLP through CoinMP

William H. Patton pattonwh at comcast.net
Sat May 16 08:59:39 EDT 2009

Paul,
The examples show that no one wants to really build the column oriented
sparse matrix structure used by CoinLoadProblem().
Otherwise the scaffolding is nice. Ints and SOS can be turned on and off
after reading the problem or between solves.
A C user should use the CoinReadFile() to pose the problem via MPS or add
the "LP" type row oriented reader to the case SOLV_FILE_LP: of CoinMP.cpp.
Then the rest of the stuff allows access to the options settings, post solve
solution and sensitivity arrays and progress callbacks.

There are no routines exposed for incrementally perturbing the problem after
a solve and resolving the new problem. I would say it is a base for you to
change to suit your C access needs.  It will certainly work fine for
automating the clp or cbc command line usage of
  READ model, SET solve options, Solve, Print Solution values and
sensitivities.  In particular it gets the values back to the calling program
as full precision arrays.

William