[Clp] rational purify

Watson, Jean-paul jwatson at sandia.gov
Fri May 15 12:39:33 EDT 2009

I've successfully used Purify to instrument our own PICO MIP solver, which uses Clp and various COIN packages under the hood. However, I didn't have to use anything other than the "recommended" settings for Visual Studio 2005:
- native code compilation (no managed stuff)
- Program Database selection for Debug Information Format (C++/General)
- Default for Basic Runtime Checks (C++/Code Generation)
- Disable incremental linking (Linker/General)
- Whole Program Optimization to "no" (C++/Optimization)
Rational claims that you should add /fixed:no to the linker options, but I haven't been able to verify that this actually impacts anything.

I've tried various high-level optimizations (favor speed, etc), but haven't gone crazy with the lower-level flags.

Jean-Paul