[Clp] bestBasicSequence, pivotRow and theta

Hok Go Hok.Go at qrm.com
Thu May 14 11:46:52 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Running into a problem in ClpSimplexNonlinear where pivotColumn finds a theta of 1e30, bestBasicSequence of -1 and pivotRow of -1. This also causes problems when we start reading from these locations. I've attempted modifications to the perturbation without success and was wondering whether anyone's run into this problem and knows a way around it. Another thing I've tried is scaling the coefficients.

On a side note the barrier solver does not run into memory problems but ends after 201 iterations with a  stopped objective. I've also verified that other solvers can produce a correct answer to this problem and I've appended that solution.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Hok

Presolve 2 (0) rows, 21 (0) columns and 42 (0) elements
0  Obj 0 Primal inf 55.6677 (2) Dual inf 0.153707 (21)
2  Obj 0
End of values pass after 2 iterations
2  Obj 0
2  Obj 0
Optimal - objective value 0
0  Obj -5.71266e+017 Dual inf 1.40189e+015 (19)

STATE
optimal
OBJECTIVE
5483597535069.56