[Clp] questions about MPS file

stefan at vigerske.de stefan at vigerske.de
Wed Nov 26 03:48:58 EST 2008

Hi,

the MPS format is descripted at, e.g.,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPS_(format)

However, using the LP format might be easier if you handwrite your model,
since it is more intuitive.
One documentation is at
http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/CPLEX-format.htm

Then you should be able to just do something like
clp <instance.mps>
or
clp <instance.lp>
to solve it.

If you want to call Clp from a library, there are a lot of examples coming with Clp.

Stefan

Hi,

I have some questions about clp project. I had a problem like this:
                         f(x) = C * x ->min,
                         A * x =B,
                         x >= 0.
How can I save it in mps file then I can sovle it using clp. Or there is any other way to input it ?
I want to get vector x which make f(x) minimum. Which function do I have to call?

Thank.