[Clp] Infinite loop in Clp

Kim Hansen kimhanse at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:36:48 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:48 AM, William H. Patton <pattonwh at comcast.net> wrote:
>>>Is there a way to see what coin rescales my problem to?
> I see in clp\src
> presolveToFile  controlled by param parser
>            case PRESOLVE:
>              if (action==0)
>                preSolve = 5;
>              else if (action==1)
>                preSolve=0;
>              else if (action==2)
>                preSolve=10;
>              else
>                preSolveFile=true;
>              break;
> and
>              solveOptions.setSolveType(method);
>              if(preSolveFile)
>                presolveOptions |= 0x40000000;
>              solveOptions.setSpecialOption(4,presolveOptions);
>
>        bool presolveToFile = (presolveOptions&0x40000000)!=0;

I have tried to use that now, but I was not very successful, it looks
like should work by setting prescaleAction_ to 0x40000000, but that is
not possible with ClpSolve.setPrescaleAction(int) as it masks the
input with 0xffff, I will try to remove that constraint, rebuild and
retest.

Has anyone had success with the "presolve file" command in clp ?

--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv