[Clp] infeasible, unbounded and popular decompositions

Lijian Chen lijian.chen at louisville.edu
Sat Aug 9 18:31:41 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I am coding one of my research projects. Basically, I need to code the Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition or Bender's decomposition algorithm (which is essentially the same to the previous one) to solve a fair scale stochastic programming problem. I am not using the sample average approximation at this point because a precise solution is required. I used to apply CLP with C++ for other projects and had some experience. In the algorithm, we need to decide if some sub-problems are either infeasible or having positive reduced costs.

Can CLP return some kind of result indicating infeasibility or positive reduced cost? Maybe I need to calculate the reduced costs myself. I do not have any clue about how to identify the infeasibility. Are there any subroutinaries having been developed for these decomposition method? Please help even it is a naive problem. Thanks!

Sincerely Yours

Lijian Chen

Assistant Professor
Department of Industrial Engineering