[Coin-lpsolver] Allocating Space in OsiClp

Anureet Saxena anureet at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 18:33:04 EST 2007

hi,

  I am trying to construct a linear program with thousands of constraints. The
algorithm starts with one with  a few hundred constraints and then augments
additional constraints dynamicaly. I am using OsiClpSolverInterface to model my LP
object.

  As of now adding each row takes a lot of time. Apparantly the OsiClp object
increments the size of the coefficient matrix only by a small amount in each
iteration. I was wondering if there is a way to instruct OsiClp to allocate
additional space apriori so that adding rows can be done efficiently.

  I am aware that CoinPackedMatrix supports such an operation, but I cannot
access a non-const form the coefficient matrix (can I?) and hence that utility is
of limited use. I must also add that I receive the OsiClp object as an argument
to a function and I have no control over how it is created.

  Any help is this regard is greatly appreciated.

    regards,
  Anureet Saxena

Anureet Saxena
 anureet at cmu.edu
 anureet at yahoo.com

--This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.