[Coin-lpsolver] problem with deleteRows & OsiClp messages

Anureet Saxena anureet at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 19:12:58 EDT 2007

Thanks John.

  Just a quick remark on this issue - especially for someone who maintains the COIN-OR website.

  I had a long conversation with Prof. Francois Margot and realized that part of my problem arose from the fact that I used "subversion" utility to download the source code, as explained on:

  http://www.coin-or.org/faqs.html#ObtainSrcCode

  Evidently, this allows me access to the 'trunk' code which is meant only for those developing COIN-OR code, and NOT for end-users like myself who just want to use the code. Indeed the stable (or the 'released') version of the code is the most suitable for my purpose.

  I beleive this distinction should be posted on the COIN-OR website to avoid new users from downloading a transitory version of the code from the trunk which is not even guaranteed to compile properly. A simple line like "download the tar balls unless you are involved in COIN-OR code development" can be very helpful.

  Anyway, thanks again for helping me out.

  regards,
  anureet

  John J Forrest <jjforre at us.ibm.com> wrote:
    deleteRows was OK after a solve - but immediately after reading basis was empty.  Fixed in branches/devel.  printf line in Idiot.cpp also taken out.
John Forrest

Anureet Saxena
 anureet at cmu.edu
 anureet at yahoo.com

--This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.