[Coin-lpsolver] problem with deleteRows & OsiClp messages

Anureet Saxena anureet at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 21:53:45 EDT 2007

hi,

  I am facing problems with the deleteRows function of OsiClp. I am using the latest version of OsiClp (just updated using the subversion utility) on a 64 bit linux workstation.

  The code simply reads an mps file and deletes the first row. It however crashes on all the mps files from MIPLIB. A simple code to reproduce this problem is attached, and is also available at:

  http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/anureets/tmp/workspace.tgz

  It will be very helpful if someone could point out what is going wrong.

  Also I get the following message when I try to solve some of the linear programs. Can someone please tell me if this is an error or sign of numerical instability etc. Also, is it possible to turn these off?

  0 - mu 1e-11, infeasibility 7078, objective 0, 1040 interior

  I am already using the following settings:

  messageHandler()->setLogLevel(0);
  setHintParam(OsiDoReducePrint, true);

  regards & thanks,
  anureet

  code:

  #include "OsiClpSolverInterface.hpp"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

  int main(int argc, char** argv) {
       if(argc!=2) {printf("Usage: %s input_file\n",argv[0]); exit(-1); }
       OsiClpSolverInterface* si=new OsiClpSolverInterface();
     si->readMps(argv[1]);
     OsiSolverInterface* tmp=si->clone(true);
       {
          int* ri=new int[1];
          ri[0]=0;
          tmp->deleteRows(1, ri);
            delete [] ri;
     }
       delete si;
     delete tmp;
}

Anureet Saxena
 anureet at cmu.edu
 anureet at yahoo.com

--This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.