[Coin-lpsolver] MPS output problem detected

Lijian Chen lijian.chen at louisville.edu
Wed Feb 28 17:30:06 EST 2007

Hi, Folks

My mistake, I just svn a new version and re-build the binary. The problem disappears!

Please disregard my previous message. Thank for your hard work!

Sincerely Yours

Lijian Chen

Lijian Chen

Assistant Professor
J.B. Speed School of Engineering
Department of Industrial Engineering
University of Louisville
(Tel) 502-852-2197
(Fax) 502-852-5633

>>> John J Forrest <jjforre at us.ibm.com> 02/28/07 9:38 AM >>>
It is not an error in MPS output but an error (been there for several
years) on converting a network matrix to a standard CoinPackedMatrix
format.  In Clp every matrix type must be able to return a matrix as a
CoinPackedMatrix.  With a network matrix doing MPS output was the most
likely time to do this -  but somehow it had never been tested.

Seems to be fixed now.

Thanks for finding the bug.

John Forrest

"Lijian Chen" <lijian.chen at louisville.edu>
Sent by: coin- lpsolver- bounces at list.coin- or.org
02/27/2007 05:47 PM

<coin- lpsolver at list.coin- or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin- lpsolver] MPS output problem detected

Dear Folks,

I realized there might be an issue discovered by my experience.

Since I am a newbie moving to open source code, I use examples to gain
experience. What I did was

add "#include<CoinMpsIO.hpp>" into the source code of network.cpp

add "model.writeMps("test.mps");" into the body of network.cpp

Then I use "make DRIVER=network" to build the binary.

Till now, everything is fine. I want to use my old friend, xpress_MP to
test the solution. It takes more than a hour to analyze infeasibility. I
ran out of patience and I try to use Clp to test mps file.

However, when I input the "./clp test.mps", I got the following error
message,

Coin LP version 1.03.03, build Feb  8 2007
command line -  ./clp /home/lijian/success/workspace/birge_book/test.mps
At line 1 NAME          BLANK
At line 2 ROWS
At line 5004 COLUMNS
Duplicate row R0000223 at line 26280 <     C0010637  R0000223   - 1. >
At line 30005 RHS
At line 30506 BOUNDS
At line 43007 ENDATA
Problem BLANK has 5000 rows, 12500 columns and 24999 elements
 There were 1 errors when importing model from
/home/lijian/success/workspace/birge_book/test.mps
There were 1 errors on input

Can anyone tell me why? I am working on research of stochastic
programming. I want to make sure my code would reflect my algorithm
accurately. Thanks!