[Coin-lpsolver] Re: CLP failed on some case

Xiaoping Tang xtang at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 17 15:37:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a question about CLP.

CLP failed on some case that we know there exists a feasible solution.
Please access the testcases in the link (you can download there):

http://yktgsa.ibm.com/~xtang/public/mpstest/

in the directory, good2.mps and bad2.mps are a pair, and good and bad are
another pair.
For good2.mps and bad2.mps, the constraint matrix are the same,
the only difference is, the coefficients of the objective funciton in
bad2.mps
is 10 times as large as the ones in good2.mps.

However, clp successfully finds the feasible solution for good2.mps, but
fails for bad2.mps.
Seems inside clp, some numbers are over-flow.

I tried clp (primal method), dualCuts, and different versions including
Clp-1.4.0, Clp_2006Oct09,
and Clp_2006Oct12.
All give the same result (finish for good.mps and good2.mps, but fail for
bad.mps and bad2.mps).,

Could you please take a look and tell us why?
Any assistance possible, please let me know.?

Thanks a lot,

-Xiaoping