[Coin-lpsolver] CglLandP and CLpSimplex:pivot()

Menal Guzelsoy mguzelsoy at lehigh.edu
Tue Apr 24 23:08:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been doing some testing with the new CglLandP generator and for
some instances I
am getting the following error:

  ../../../Clp/src/ClpSimplex.cpp:6616: int ClpSimplex::pivot(): Assertion
`fabs(dj_[sequenceIn_])<1.0e-6' failed.
Aborted

It seems that ClpSimplex refuses to pivot on the element chosen by
CglLandP because of different tolerance values used in each project.
On the other hand,
CglLandP fails to detect it due to termination. If needed, I can also
send a simple cutting plane alg. implementation to illustrate the
problem.

Thanks,

Menal.