[Coin-lpsolver] problem cross-compiling Cbc/Clp for Windows

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Thu Nov 9 09:34:17 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to build Cbc/Clp for various platforms, from the trunk branch of Cbc that I
downloaded yesterday.

I have run into a problem building the Windows version. Currently we are doing all our Windows
build by cross-compiling on Linux, using mingw. Essentially, I call configure as follows:

./configure --build=i586-pc-linux-gnu --host=i386-mingw32msvc --exec-prefix=$HOME/<COIN>/i386_nt --enable-static --without-asldir
make
make install

I have successfully cross-compiled older versions of Cbc previously (the devel branch of Cbc from
August), but this time I get a problem in make install:

/usr/bin/install -c .libs/clp.exe /homes/kish/Coin-Cbc20061108/i386_nt/bin/clp.exe
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `.libs/clp.exe': No such file or directory

It seems that the .exe files are not created by make for this Windows cross-compile. I worked
around this by creating fake (i.e. empty) .exe files (I also had the same problem with cbc-generic.exe
and cbc.exe) for the install command.

Am I doing something wrong with the cross compile? Should the .exe files be generated?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Kish