[Coin-lpsolver] Variable values at iteration

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri May 19 04:09:18 EDT 2006

Edwin,

The cost of a post-solve might be so large that you would have been better
off solving the un-presolved problem.  I would see which bits of presolve
are effective - using stand-alone clp that would be clp file -poptions 1
-solve.  Then you may find that most actions are pretty simple and you can
work the post-solved answer easily.  If so then switch off other presolve
actions.  You do have access to the original column numbers from the
presolved problem.

John

             "Edwin Straver"
             <edwin at solver.com
             Sent by:                  <coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org>
             coin-lpsolver-bou                                          cc
             nces at list.coin-or
             .org                                                  Subject
                                       [Coin-lpsolver] Variable values at
                                       iteration
             05/18/06 08:11 PM

   Hi All,

   I have a callback function that CLP calls at every iteration.

   I am getting the value of the objective at this point, but is it somehow
   possible to also get the "post solved" values for the variables at this
   point?

   I would not mind paying the overhead of doing a post-solve at every
   iteration. But I do need to be able to keep solving the model after
   every iteration....

   Is it possible to get these values?

   Greetings,

   Edwin Straver